With warmer weather right around the corner, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at peak efficiency, it can cut a significant amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could significantly raise your bills and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Watts Electric & A/C Inc professional do air conditioning service
at least each year is key to keeping your system working well for a long time. He or she can ensure the unit is working correctly and can identify looming concerns before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and periodically throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during winter. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could harm your system and require big repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area around your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they might obstruct airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any aspect of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or swapped out during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them each month and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has unique needs when dealing with air filter replacement, varying on aspects like owning house pets or doing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also make sure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you maintain a comfy home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer has in store. Give the team at Watts Electric & A/C Inc a call at 601-736-7362.