During the colder Columbia months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it does, a simple call to Watts Electric & A/C Inc will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some signs you should monitor for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Watts Electric & A/C Inc right away if you notice any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be inspected by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not the right size for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Watts Electric & A/C Inc can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Watts Electric & A/C Inc at 601-736-7362 or schedule an appointment with us online.