Having standard air conditioning service done at least once a year can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at peak efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Columbia summer, have the specialists at Watts Electric & A/C Inc perform your routine air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Inspect for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if required, examine for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, as opposed to illicitly releasing it to the environment.
- Look for proper airflow in the system.
- Verify the right electric control sequence to make sure of adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to run at top efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it frequently. We suggest looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual influences in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Watts Electric & A/C Inc today at 601-736-7362.