There’s no getting around the changing weather in Columbia, it’s something we all have to be ready for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the front of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the ideal time to consider annual furnace service as well, but possibly not in the way that you had previously thought.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, including:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners solely associate furnace service with changing out filters, but having a tune-up performed can help your system run better, providing you with efficient comfort that can help you save on your monthly heating bills.
- Take It Down A Notch. Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a handful of degrees may help you save consistently month after month. It’s pretty evident, but when your system doesn’t have to work as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy expenses.
- Filters. Another simple fix that most every homeowner can take care of on their own, changing furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more smoothly, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not difficult to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to utilize caulk and weatherstripping to close those irritating holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Watts Electric & A/C Inc expert comes by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are an upgrade. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping lower your monthly energy bills.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list the end-all be-all, but there are a few simple ways to help increase your comfort when the temperatures go down in Columbia. Whether you’re calling to schedule annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is ideal for your system, give the team at Watts Electric & A/C Inc a call at 601-736-7362 to start saving a little more today.