As springtime starts, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Columbia? Especially if your cooling unit is up-to-date or was running just fine last year.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new automobile and never expect to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving pieces. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your system checked seasonally by a Watts Electric & AC technician can help spot little issues before they lead to large malfunctions. (And cause your system to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your AC is placed outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can majorly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service delicate internal parts.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate inside your unit can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these troubles can lead to higher energy needs—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could extend your system’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and might even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, since you won’t have to buy new equipment as quickly.
- It helps locate little problems before they become big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully examine components and complete a series of AC performance tests. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to find troubles before they turn into large troubles that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free cooling throughout the season. After your air conditioner is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your equipment is ready to deliver worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this tune-up, your system is open to early breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC maintenance should have an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC technician. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll inspect the subsequent locations and components:
- Total equipment state
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving parts
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Service Immediately with Watts Electric & AC
This week is the perfect time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Watts Electric & AC pros a shout at 601-736-7362 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we visit your home, make sure to look at our discount offers for savings on your next service.