As springtime begins, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Columbia? Even if your cooling unit is newer or was running just fine last season.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new automobile and never anticipate to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioner. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your unit checked yearly by a Watts Electric & AC pro can help spot small issues before they become large malfunctions. (And cause your AC to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your cooling system is placed outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can negatively affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service complicated internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate within your unit can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can create higher energy use—and a more expensive cooling bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy costs and over the years, as you won’t have to get new equipment as fast.
- It helps determine little issues before they turn into big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will carefully examine pieces and complete a set of air conditioning performance verifications. These in-depth procedures often allow us to locate problems before they turn into large issues that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free operation throughout the season. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your unit is ready to deliver worry-free comfort. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this maintenance, your unit is open to premature breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A premium AC service should include an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll inspect the subsequent spots and components:
- Overall equipment order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Today with Watts Electric & AC
Today is the best time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Watts Electric & AC pros a shout at 601-736-7362 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we visit your house, make sure to check our discount offers for savings on your next service.