As spring rolls around, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Columbia? Even if your cooling unit is newer or was running well last year.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new automobile and never expect to schedule any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same affects your AC. It’s a machine that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving components can break down.
Having your unit examined annually by a Watts Electric & A/C Inc pro can help locate minor troubles before they lead to large breakdowns. (And cause your system to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your air conditioner is located outside, it’s more vulnerable to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly decrease your unit’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a specialist to maintain complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that collect inside your equipment can push it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these issues can cause increased energy needs—and a bigger cooling bill!
- It could extend your system’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and could even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity bill and in the long-term, as you won’t have to get new equipment as quickly.
- It helps pinpoint minor troubles before they turn into major, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will closely inspect parts and perform a cycle of AC performance tests. These in-depth processes often allow us to identify problems before they become large troubles that cause a costly repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free comfort throughout the warmest days. After your air conditioner is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is prepped to provide worry-free comfort. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the best ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers expect seasonal maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this tune-up, your system is at risk for advanced breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC service should include a check and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll check the subsequent spots and components:
- Full unit order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Maintenance Now with Watts Electric & A/C Inc
This week is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Watts Electric & A/C Inc pros a call at 601-736-7362 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we visit your residence, make sure to check our discount offers for savings on your next tune-up.