In Columbia you rely on your furnace
to keep you warm throughout the winter. If it’s been a while since you had a routine maintenance appointment for your f
urnace, you could be needing a furnace repair
visit any day. At the very least, you could have a dirty air filter, which can obstruct air flow and impact your furnace’s execution. It could even cause trouble with your furnace’s control switch, which controls furnace operation.
There are a few other reasons you may require a furnace repair. We’ve assembled some signs for you to search for. The earlier you can call for a heat pump service, the better. Call in a professional, like Watts Electric & A/C Inc, if you notice any of these signs:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it operating enough? Is it running all the time? Is the air blowing through as liberally as it should, or does it seem weak? Indications related to your blower could signify a slight problem with your air filter or the internal blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you ramping up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cold? This could be a issue with your thermostat. It could be that your furnace is too little for your home. It may even be a issue with your gas source or your pilot light, among other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts working loudly or producing noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be a problem.
- You smell gas. You definitely don’t want to meddle with this one. If you smell gas, cut off your furnace at once and cut off its gas supply. Stay clear from lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC technician or your gas company looks at it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Often times this is a blocked condensation line. This could demand both plumbing and HVAC experts to solve.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is rising, but your usage is not, there could be a variation of issues. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these indicators, you’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Watts Electric & A/C Inc at 601-736-7362 when you need to arrange repairs or regular maintenance.