It feels like we’re always connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, looking for the latest sports scores or thumbing through Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be used for simple conveniences like being informed when you need air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These let you control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and didn’t remember to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and change the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically switch the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or not.
Smart thermostats have been discussed quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to change, they will surely become even more common. And why not? They do give you a variety of perks and allow you to have the best control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they recognize your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re gone so that you can get the best savings you can. Smart thermostats make sure that your comfort is always a high priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you enjoy knowing when it’s time to replace your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can trust your system to tell you when there is a concern or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are developed for easy integration across many different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can go with the best one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to evolve like most pieces of technology, but they already offer a variety of perks that can help better your comfort, potentially lower your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to set up air conditioner service. Watts Electric & A/C Inc in Columbia has a number of thermostats to choose from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 601-736-7362.