Before you start filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, make sure you schedule time to have your air conditioner examined by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not seem like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people agree that the summer months in Columbia are not the best time for an air conditioner to go out. Scheduling air conditioner service will help you be more proactive and our expert technicians can check for any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups acknowledge areas of concern, but it also increases the efficiency of your air conditioner. Air conditioners are investments that you are required to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are maximizing the benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the optimal performance possible out of your air conditioner. A living space that offers home comfort is the main priority, but a properly running air conditioner also lowers the cost of your energy bills and prolongs the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at a minimum every three months, so the technician will examine the cleanliness of the filter. By not changing your filters, you force your air conditioner to run harder than it should and can also lower the quality of the air in your living space.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are certainly not good things when referring to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause additional stress on your system and too much will affect how efficiently your air conditioner maintains cool temperatures in your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are lots of moving parts that are included in an air conditioner and when any of these parts become loose it increases the possibility of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can gather on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can impair efficiency and raise the amount of energy used.
The experts from Watts Electric & A/C Inc in Columbia can provide a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, while answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your indoor comfort. Give them a call at 601-736-7362 and keep cool this summer.